Last Updated on
- NAD+-boosting agent nicotinamide riboside (NR) reduces mitochondrial activity within HSCs through increased mitochondrial clearance,
- leading to increased asymmetric HSC divisions.
- NR dietary supplementation results in a significantly enlarged pool of progenitors, without concurrent HSC exhaustion, improves survival by 80%,
- and accelerates blood recovery after murine lethal irradiation and limiting-HSC transplantation
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is one of the most common and deadly neoplasms. Insulin receptor (IR) exists in two isoforms, IR-A and IR-B, the latter being predominantly expressed in normal adult hepatocytes while IR-A is overexpressed in HCC to the detriment of IR-B .... IR-A overexpression promoted gene programs related to stemness, inflammation and cell movement
- cancer cells express outcompeting insulin receptors, seemingly causing a preferential (over normal cells) uptake of glucose. Good reason to burn fat.
- Expectable that nutrition deficiencies will lead to systemmic
reduced proliferation and metabolic activity, probably leading to shorter stature